Thursday, November 26, 2009

Forrest a big fan of food

Forrest has exceptional social skills. He frequently tells people "I am a big fan of food!" when he meets them. It a perfect icebreaker. It's one of his learned conversation openers that really works, after all everyone has something to say about food. If you are socially challenged, you should always have a few of these one-liners in your pocket. Forrest gives you permission to borrow his. Especially on Thanksgiving, which is today.

Yesterday we drove to Seattle to celebrate the holiday with family. As we piled in the van Forrest was doing his excited hand clapping gesture. It's kind of like a dolphin clap, you know with dorsal wrists together...a classic retarded kind of clap. Thing is, you should try it, really it actually MAKES you happy. I call it the Forrest Mudra. Stiffen your hands with fingers bent backwards and tap your palms very rapidly while sitting up very straight. Your eyebrows should arch upward and a big grin with appear across your face. Are you trying it? Do it now.....

See? Auntie Kathy dictated this thanksgiving letter this morning, as we were waiting for blueberry pancakes....after reading this, maybe you'll write your own thanksgiving letter

Dear Mom,

my stomach is talking to me
and I can't wait to eat food (do the the Forrest Mudra here)
I love you like the sunshine through
your lovely eyes.

I've been thinking a lot lately
I'm thankful for the guys in the army
coming back home.
I'm thankful for your smile.
I can't wait until the pancakes are ready.
And also I can't wait until I have BACON
sausage, ham, porkchops, lambchops and
cordon bleu and biscuits and gravy. (try the Forrest Mudra here too)

Happy Thanksgiving,
love,
god in us,
Forrest

1 comment:

  1. The ice breaker is absolutely charming.
    And the Forrest Mudra does work! We tried it; its great. You are absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete